ADDRESS:401 Technology Rd, Qingxi, Dongguan, P.R.China
TEL:+86 755-23777662 / 23777663
Q: How to identify difference of battery ?
A: Below is a summary to distinguish the batteries difference.Although energy density is paramount, other important attributes are service life, load characteristics, maintenance requirements, self-discharge costs and safety. Nickel-cadmium is the first rechargeable battery in small format and forms a standard against which other chemistry are commonly compared.
Nickel-cadmium- mature but has moderate energy density. Nickel-cadmium is used where long life, high discharge rate and extended temperature range is important. Main applications are two-way radios, biomedical equipment and power tools. Nickel-cadmium contains toxic metals.
Nickel-metal-hydride- has a higher energy density compared to nickel-cadmium at the expense of reduced cycle life. There are no toxic metals. Applications include mobile phones and laptop computers. NiMH is viewed as steppingstone to lithium-based systems.
Lead-acid- most economical for larger power applications where weight is of little concern. Lead-acid is the preferred choice for hospital equipment, wheelchairs, emergency lighting and UPS systems. Lead acid is inexpensive and rugged. It serves a unique niche that would be hard to replace with other systems.
Lithium-ion- fastest growing battery system; offers high-energy density and low weight. Protection circuit are needed to limit voltage and current for safety reasons. Applications include notebook computers and cell phones. High current versions are available for power tools and medical devices.
LiFePO4-very promising and blooming in the market. A very good replacement for lead acid, Ni-MH and Ni-CD batteries, due to excellent performance of safety, high energy density, long cycle life and lower cost; very good choice for applications like solar storage, lighting system, portable appliances and UPS back up etc.
Q: Is PCM or BMS necessary for lithium battery? If yes, why?
A: Yes, it is necessary for lithium battery. Since lithium battery is hazardous goods and may cause leakage or fire if misused. PCM and BMS is a necessary method to protect the battery from over-charge, over-discharge, over-current, over-temperature and short circuit. BMS also has functions of SOC(state of charge), SOH(state of health), communication and LCD screen etc.
Q: What are the possible reasons for zero voltage or low voltage of the battery pack?
A: Short circuit or open circuit of the connector or wrong connection, de-soldering or cold solder joint between the batteries and lead, wrong connection between the batteries.
Q: What are the possible reasons if the rechargeable battery or rechargeable battery pack can not be charged?
A: The battery is zero voltage or there is battery with zero voltage in the battery pack.
There is wrong connection inside the battery pack.
There is abnormity of electronic components and/or PCB inside the battery pack.
There is failure in charger.
Outer element causes the charging efficiency to be too low, such as extremely low or high temperature.
Q: What will happen if the batteries with different capacity are packed together?
A: If the batteries with different capacity or new and old batteries are used together, leakage, zero voltage and so on might happen. If the batteries are rechargeable and are being charged, some batteries is overcharged and other batteries is not in full charged state. During the discharge, some batteries can not discharge fully and other batteries might over discharge. This way, the battery will be damaged.
Q:Can I use Lithium batteries mixing with other battery types?
A: If different types of batteries are used together, or new batteries are used with old ones, the difference in characteristics of voltage, capacity, etc , may cause over-discharge of the battery which is exhausted first, leading to swelling, bursting or fire.
Q:Cautions and Warnings for Using Lithium Battery
* Don’t immerse the battery in water.
* Don’t use and leave the battery near a heat source such as fire or heater.
* When charging, use a battery charger specifically for that purpose.
* Don’t reverse the positive and negative terminals.
* Don’t connect the battery to an electrical outlet directly.
* Don’t discard the battery in fire or heater.
* Don’t connect the positive and negative terminal directly with metal objects.
* Don’t transport and store the battery together with metal objects such as necklaces, hairpins.
* Don’t strike, throw or trample the battery.
* Don’t pierce the battery with a nail or other sharp object.
* Don’t leave, charge or use the battery at very high temperature conditions (for example, strong direct sunlight or a vehicle in extremely hot conditions).
* If the battery leaks and the electrolyte get into your eyes, don’t wipe eyes, instead, thoroughly rinse the eyes with clean running water for at least 15 minutes, and immediately seek medical attention. Otherwise, eyes injury can result.
* If the battery gives off an odor, generates heat, becomes discolored or deformed, or in any way appear abnormal during usage, recharging or storage, immediately remove it from the device or battery charger and stop using it.
* In case the battery terminals get dirty, clean the terminals with a dry cloth before use.
* If the battery beyond the useful-life, please fully discharged, sticks the battery with insulating tape, then put the cell to the specialized recycle bin.
* Tape the discarded battery terminals to insulate them.
* Stop charging the battery if charging isn’t completed within the specified time.
* Stop using the battery if the battery becomes abnormally hot, order, discoloration, deformation, or abnormal conditions are detected during use, charge or storage.
Q:Are your factory just a Battery PACK manufacturer?
A: At the beginning, POWER LONG BATTERY just manufactured nothing but lithium ion battery cell, and that is till our sole focus today. Gradually we set our own Battery Pack lines ( One for small module battery pack , other one is resemble TESLA aluminum bonding process production line for EVs and large ESS). PLB is a integrated manufacturer on lithium Ion Battery , Battery Pack , BMS (Battery Management System ) .
Q: What’s the advantage of your company?
A:Firstly, team engineering experience which all more than 15years in lithium ion battery. In the meantime, since we are full loop (Cell, ack , BMS ) manufacturer, which can better to manage each process quality and cost saving.
Q: Why we buy from you ?
A: 1. Feedback within 24hrs, provide solution within 48hrs.
2. Over 15years production and design experience on lithium battery to provide you with best solution.
3. We insist on offering you military standard quality, consumer standard appearance and industrial standard cost.
Q: Do you have 3-party testing report for your product?
A: Our cell have already qualified with UN, UL, CE, IEC, TS and so on certificate, we can also help to make report accordingly as you required.
Q: What ‘s your Product delivery term?
A: Generally FOB Shenzhen or FOB HK . Surely , CNF, CIF , DDU are all available , as well we will recommend the shipment term to customer according to the customer real situation.
Q: Can you ship the batteries to my side by air or by sea?
A:Certainly, we have required UN38.3 and MSDS for the batteries and package the batteries in the required way, so we can ship casually to you by express(FedEx, DHL, TNT or UPS), by air to your local airport or by sea.
Q: What is your lead time?
A: We have millions of cells in stock and thus can ensure very fast delivery time. Generally when all the accessories are ready, sample production will take 3~5working days for production and test. But if for whole solution, we shall need to set up project team and further discuss with customer side to confirm the design project and delivery.
Q: How do I make the payment?
A: We accept payment via postal orders, bankers draft and bank transfer.
More further questions , pls feel free to Contact page