- About Us
- Contact Us
There are many types of lithium-ion batteries. According to different cathode materials, how many types of lithium batteries are there? It can be divided into lithium ferrite battery, cobalt acid lithium ion battery, manganese acid lithium ion battery, nickel acid lithium ion battery, ternary material lithium ion battery, iron phosphate lithium ion battery and so on. According to different electrolyte materials, how many types of lithium batteries are there? It can be divided into liquid lithium ion batteries and solid polymer lithium ion batteries. In terms of packaging, how many types of lithium batteries are there? It can be divided into flexible packaging, steel packaging, aluminum packaging and so on. In terms of usage, how many types of lithium batteries are there? It can be divided into power-type lithium-ion batteries, consumer-type lithium-ion batteries, energy-storage-type lithium-ion batteries, and so on.
How many types of lithium batteries are there?
1. Nickel-cobalt lithium-ion battery. Nickel-cobalt lithium-ion battery is a solid solution (composite) of nickel-lithium-ion battery and cobalt-lithium-ion battery, which has the advantages of nickel-lithium and cobalt-lithium. It was once considered by the industry to be the new cathode material most likely to replace cobalt lithium-ion batteries, but there is no greater breakthrough in safety.
2. Manganese lithium ion battery. Li-MnO2 (Li-Mn, CR) manganese lithium ion battery has low cost and much better safety than lithium cobalt oxide battery, but its cycle life is poor and the cycle life in high temperature environment is worse. The elution of manganese ions may even occur at high temperatures, and the high temperature causes serious self-discharge, resulting in poor energy storage characteristics.
3. Nickel lithium ion battery. Lithium-nickel batteries have low cost and high capacity. However, the manufacturing process is difficult and the consistency and reproducibility of material properties are poor. The most severe thing is that there are still potential safety hazards.
4. Lithium iron phosphate battery. Lithium iron phosphate batteries have the important advantages of cobalt lithium, nickel lithium and manganese lithium at the same time, but do not contain precious elements such as cobalt. The price of raw materials for lithium iron phosphate batteries is low, and the resources of phosphorus, lithium, and iron that exist on the earth are abundant, so there will be no supply problems. Moreover, it has moderate working voltage (3.2V), large capacity (170mAh/g), high discharge power, fast charging and long cycle life, and high stability in high temperature and high heat environments. It is currently considered by the industry as a lithium-ion battery that meets the requirements of environmental protection, safety and high performance.
5. Finally, we should analyze the functions of lithium-ion batteries from the following aspects: capacity (range), power density (dynamic characteristics), consistency (working function), safety such as heat dissipation and melting point, cycle times (relative service life), internal impedance such as ohmic resistance and polarization resistance (internal loss), and self-discharge.