UPS battery bank connection and UPS battery connection method
UPS battery connection method
- The red pole of the UPS battery is the positive pole, and the black pole is the negative pole. The batteries are connected in series in the battery box, that is, the positive pole of one battery is connected to the negative pole of the other battery.
- According to this connection method, there will be two lead wires, one positive and one negative, which are connected to the battery discharge port. Pay attention to one-to-one correspondence. Generally, the left is positive and the right is negative. When connecting, pay attention to the short circuit of the battery.
- Water entering the UPS battery in a short period of time will not affect the battery performance. Water is a weak electrolyte and has very weak conductivity. However, it must be wiped dry immediately, otherwise the battery will be oxidized and the battery will fall off, causing damage to the battery.
- To replace the UPS battery line, the original company’s service station or dealer should buy raw materials to avoid heat or fire due to insufficient capacity.
- Do not dispose of UPS battery or battery pack with fire, otherwise it will explode and hurt people. Do not damage or open the battery. The electrolyte overflowing from the battery is highly toxic and harmful to the human body. Avoid short circuit between the positive and negative electrodes of the battery, otherwise Fire or motor may result.
UPS external battery connection method
- UPS external battery host power selection basis: power = load / power factor (generally calculated by 0.8)
- The long machine configuration UPS battery algorithm is as follows:
Calculate the maximum discharge current value of the battery: Imax=Pcosф/(ηE criticalN)
Note: P→Nominal output power of UPS power supply
cosф→the output power factor of the UPS power supply battery (generally 0.8 for industrial frequency machines)
η→The efficiency of the UPS inverter is generally 0.88~0.94 (0.9 can be taken in the actual calculation)
E critical → critical discharge voltage of the battery pack (12V battery is about 10.5V, 2V battery is about 1.67V)
N → the number of batteries in each group
According to the backup time of the selected battery pack, find out the required discharge rate value C of the battery pack, and then according to:
Nominal capacity of battery pack = Imax/C
Calculate the nominal capacity of the battery.
Due to the use of E critical—the lowest critical discharge voltage value of the UPS battery, it will lead to the situation that the required ampere-hour capacity of the UPS battery pack is too large. According to the current experience, the ampere-hour capacity of the actual battery pack can be calculated according to the following formula:
Actual battery capacity (AH) = nominal capacity of the battery pack * 0.8
Notes on Connecting UPS Batteries
Before handling, remove metal objects such as rings and watches.
Replacing the UPS battery line tends to purchase raw materials from the original company service station or dealer to avoid heat or fire due to insufficient capacity, causing fire.
Do not dispose of the battery or battery pack with fire, otherwise it will explode and injure people.
Do not damage or open the battery, the electrolyte spilled from the battery is highly toxic and harmful to the human body.
Avoid short-circuiting the positive and negative poles of the battery, otherwise it will cause a fire or motor.
Check for voltage before touching the battery. The battery circuit is not isolated from the input voltage circuit, and there is a danger of high voltage between the battery terminals and the ground.